Most people get at least a little nervous when it comes time to go to the dentist. That’s OK. We are experts at relieving dental anxiety in Tolland. We’ll go out of our way to ensure that you have a pleasant visit to our dental practice. With our gentle care, you’ll:
- Catch and treat small problems early on
- Enjoy peace of mind about your oral health
- Prevent the need for more extensive dental work
- Have confidence to smile boldly in public
Call Neil Hoss, DMD today at 860-926-3781 to schedule an appointment. You’ll find us located on Hartford Turnpike, just down the street from XtraMart.
Relax With Our Experienced Dental Team
At Neil Hoss, DMD, our dental professionals are dedicated to your comfort. We understand that many people don’t like having their teeth worked on, so we take special measures to make sure your care is as pleasant as possible.
When you come in for your exam or procedure, we’ll ensure your mouth is completely numb using local anesthesia. We don’t want you to feel any discomfort at all. Plus, our semi-private rooms and TVs will help you relax while you’re here.
You’ll also have your choice of two sedation options to take any edge off your dental anxiety:
- Inhaled Sedation – We’ll administer sweet-smelling laughing gas through a comfortable mask over your nose. In moments, you’ll begin to feel light and euphoric from head to toe, and your anxiety will melt away. The effects will vanish just as quickly when the sedative is removed, so you can drive yourself home safely.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – You’ll take a prescribed pill ahead of time that will give you an all-over feeling of relaxation by the time your appointment starts. You may feel a bit groggy from the pill’s effects. You’ll need someone to drive you home afterward, as the pill will take a few hours to wear off.
In addition to these comfort measures, we use the latest technology to make your care less painful. For example, same-day CEREC crowns let you avoid messy dental impressions and an uncomfortable temporary crown. Lasers eliminate bleeding and discomfort during gum procedures and often don’t even require local anesthesia.
If you’re nervous about your smile care, pay a visit to the experts at relieving dental anxiety in Tolland. Call Neil Hoss, DMD today at 860-926-3781 to schedule an appointment. You can also request an appointment online.